What’s Nearby Our Hotel Near Times Square
Known for its Off-Broadway theaters, diverse multi-ethnic dining destinations, luxury condos and vibrant street scene, Hell’s Kitchen – also known as Clinton – is among New York City’s most engaging areas. YOTEL New York is located in the heart of the neighborhood: just steps from the dining and nightlife of Ninth and Tenth avenues and a short walk away from the effervescent energy of Times Square.
Attractions Within Walking Distance of Our Hotel Near Times Square:
- Get some fresh air on the Hudson River Greenway, the city’s longest car-free bicycle and pedestrian path. Rent one of YOTEL’s bicycles for just $3 and traverse the 32-mile long path around the island, catching glimpses of sparkling skyscrapers and the Hudson River. Bike rental pickup is located at the Bike and Roll shop (on the Greenway at 43rd Street).
- Convene, connect and get the job done at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York City’s largest convention center. The venue hosts world-class trade shows and conventions year-round, including New York Comic Con and the New York International Auto Show.
- Revel in the city’s brightest lights in Times Square: the brightly illuminated hub of the Broadway theater district, one of the world’s busiest pedestrian areas, and a major center of the world’s entertainment industry.
- Explore the city like a native. Hop on a train at the nearby 42nd Street Station to travel uptown toward Central Park or downtown to the West Village, or take the bus from the Port Authority to enjoy a relaxing daytrip somewhere outside of the city.
- Enjoy an essential New York experience by shopping at the Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market, one of Manhattan’s most vibrant and unique markets. The flea market is open Saturday and Sunday from 9am – 5pm, year-round, selling antiques, jewelry, clothing, art and much more.
- Visit the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, a cutting-edge museum that offers a unique look back at American naval history. The museum’s main attraction is the USS Intrepid, a World War II-era National Historic Landmark.
- Take a walk on The High Line, the famous railway, which has been reimagined as an urban park. Enter the overhead park on its north end (at 30th Street) and walk your way south to the end. During your time on The High Line, you’ll enjoy beautiful views of the Empire State Building, historic buildings, and the Hudson River. After your walk, head down from the park to grab a drink at one of the Meatpacking District’s many hotspots or do some upscale shopping.
- See pro sports or live music at Madison Square Garden, a world famous arena in the center of Manhattan. The giant venue – located at 34th Street and Eighth Avenue – hosts the New York Knicks, New York Rangers, and an array of world-class concerts and events.
Other Essential Experiences Near Our Hotel in Hell’s Kitchen:
- Eat on Ninth Avenue, noted for its many ethnic restaurants. Start at 42nd Street and walk north to find American diners, Italian restaurants, French bistros, Thai spots, Vegan food and many other unique culinary destinations.
- Not satisfied yet? Take a walk down Restaurant Row – on 46th Street between Eighth and Ninth avenues – where you will find 40-plus restaurants on one block. The atmosphere is charming, and the dining options are unparalleled.
- Theater Row on 42nd Street – home to many famous Off-Broadway theaters. Starting from the Signature Theater on Tenth Avenue (on YOTEL’s block), you will find the city’s best-kept secrets. Off-Broadway theater offers a wider variety of styles and subjects, showcasing work that mainstream Broadway considers too edgy or forward-thinking.
- The Theater District extends from 40th Street to 54th Street, from west of Sixth Avenue to east of Eighth Avenue. This tiny area includes 36 theaters, many of which host world-famous productions day and night. You can buy Broadway Tickets directly with our Concierge on ‘FOUR” or in person directly from the Theater’s box office (normally open from 12noon to 8pm).
Current Most Popular (including 2013 Tony Nominees):
- The Lion King at Minskoff Theater, 200 West 45th Street, New York, NY 10036
- Wicked at Gershwin Theater, 222 West 51st Street, New York, NY 10019
- The Phantom of the Opera at Majestic Theater, 247 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036
- Jersey Boys at August Wilson Theater, 245 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019
For additional assistance and expert recommendations, feel free to reach out to YOTEL’s Concierge by email or by phone at 646-449-7715. Based at Mission Control, these onsite experts provide dining and nightlife recommendations, sightseeing tips, and help acquiring exclusive tickets for shows, tours and sporting events across the city.